Tuesday, March 27, 2012

School Inspections

The school is getting inspected tomorrow, which means that every student spent the entire day cleaning their dorms, the campus, classrooms, and the bathrooms. They're normally responsible for cleaning everything anyways, but whenever there are education bureau officials swinging by, extra effort is made to make the school look immaculate. Over at the elementary school, in preparation for a similar inspection, about an entire week was dedicated to this cleaning process, and artwork was specially made by the students to hang on the walls. It's impressive how much effort goes into this cleaning, and right now my school is looking awesome.

Completely unrelated, but there's a speech contest happening on 4-20, so I'm pretty excited that one of the kids from my class is going to get the chance to show off their awesome English speaking ability and hopefully do well in the competition. I'm still not entirely clear on what the contest entails because all the instructions are in rather formal Chinese, and I've decided that rather than slogging through it I'm just going to ask a local teacher what I'm supposed to do.

4 comments:

  1. Cleaning the school, flag football, English, speech contests, other subjects...your kids stay busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I remember we only cleaned at the end of the year. Of course, I don't remember any inspections either. Make sure the teacher you ask completely understands those instructions! I'd hate for the kids to miss out because of bad instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally agree with you your ideas is such a very useful i like it..
    Thanks for sharing with us.,.


    School Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update from the elementary school: Today ended what I estimare was week 4 of janitorial labor camp.

    ReplyDelete